MFS - Stafford Moor - Silvers Festival, 3rd March 2016

Today I was looking forward to fishing Tanners.  The weather was a lot better today, calm, sunshine a far cry from yesterdays horrid day.

The Draw
Peg 11 today, a very short walk from the Lodge of Plenty, neighbours for the day Colbrad and Col K.

Set-Up
6 and 12 metre pole lines.  The waggler rod came out too.  I had swims in front on me and also margin swims to my right and a tree line pointing towards peg 12.

All-In
The long pole line was fed with two balls of groundbait.  A small cup of chopped worm on the tree margin line.  I kicked off the 6 metre line with a nugget of groundbait with single red maggot.

As previous days I could not get the short line working at all... so I had a quick look on the tree margin line, float dipped and fish on... another big carp which ended up in the net after about 10 minutes.

Col K hooked a landed a large bream, around 3lb in weight on the waggler.

Colbrad was also fishing the waggler and getting a few fish, so I followed there lead and went out on the waggler at around 20 metres.  Pinging some casters over the line, I was picking up some small roach.

The waggler was set around a foot over depth.  It was a beautiful day in total contrast from yesterday, although the sunlight was hampering me seeing the float.

I certainly didn't miss the massive lift bite, which came from the next large carp!  It is great playing a large fish on a 13 foot waggler rod, invoking memories of fishing as a youth.

I continued on the waggler for the rest of the match getting some better fish on double red maggot.  Pinging casters over the line.  A few more carp among the silvers.

The final hour provided some larger skimmers, netting 3 better fish before the final whistle.

The Result
8lb for a mid section result.  I did think I had a larger weight...

Conclusion
Another great day fishing the waggler, Colbrad battered me with some great waggler fishing netting a few tench and some nice roach too.

The final hour certainly helped me when the bigger fish came on the feed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Semerwater, Wensleydale, 15th May 2022

Renny Lakes, East Harlsey, 14th May 2023

Lake Semerwater, Wensleydale, 13th November 2022